Down syndrome baby noticeable at birth?
Answers: yes you can notice certain characteristics (not abnormalities) that are associated with down syndrome at birth. some of the easiest ones to see are: upturned almond shaped eyes, thicker fungal fold (back of the neck), simean crease (line on the palm of the hand that extends all the way across the palm), sometimes a baby with DS will have a flatter bridge of their nose, and the ears may be placed lower on their head and the tops of the ears will turn forward a bit. babies with down syndrome will also exhibit a lower muscle tone. now you have to remember too...just because a child has down syndrome doesn't mean they all look the same or have the same physical characteristics...the characteristics vary from child to child and they do inherit their looks from their parents. I hope this helped you with your question!
After the baby starts to develop then you'll notice any abnormalities.
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Afternoon BOOST!?
- How long does flexeril stay in urine?
- Ok i cant figure this out? Why my eye may twitch?
- Does diclofenac make you sleepie?
- Tick problem?
- What is hereditary influences?
- Can a wood tick crawl inside a vagina?
- What health product do you take ,that you feel REALLY benefits you?
- I need some creative/funny ways to overcome obesity,I have to present it in class.?
- Do certain types of music kill brain cells or neurons?