I have 20/30 vision in one eye and 20/35 in the other. Is this good or bad, and when do you need glasses?
Answers: Your vision is just starting to change. If you feel that you can't see, then get glasses or contacts. Also, in some states when your vision becomes 20/40 you LEGALLY have to wear glasses to drive.
Everyone tends to think of vision in comparison to 20/20. The higher the denominator (bottom number) the worse the vision is. 20/40 is generally the driving standard for most states/provinces/countries. 20/30 and 20/35 means that you have some blurring for distance (difficulty seeing road signs, overhead projections, tv channel menus etc.). With the proper glasses or contacts your eyes are likely able to see the 20/20 row on an eye chart. FYI the legal blindness definition is about 20/200 (depending on where you are). That does not mean you see black, but rather can only make out only the big letters at the top of an eye chart. 20/30 in comparison is really actually not that bad.
Your overall vision is probably about 20/30. While it isn't "good" compared to 20/20, it doesn't require glasses, either.
People can usually go fine without glasses through 20/40 or 20/60, but even at those acuities the clearer vision with glasses is definitely noticable and glasses may be required to drive or needed to blackboards, presentations, or sporting events.
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Vision?!?! when i squeeze my eyes in?
- I wear my Acuvue contacts while tanning because they block UV rays, am I protecting my eyes?
- Does anyone know how sleeping pills bought from a drug store work, not prescritpion sleeping pills?
- When your having sex, if white creamy stuff comes out the vagina does that mean you've had an orgasm or not?
- What Is a Food that will wake me up?
- Weird skin condition?
- Toothache, dentist shut ,what can i do?
- Whats an adams apple for? And how come some have very profound ones and some you cant see them?
- Stinky white balls that come from behind the tonsils?
- How long does it take for nicotine cravings to go away?