Fell on back, extreme pain and tightness?
Answers: First, know when a back injury requires medical attention:
-numbness or significant weakness in one or both extremities
-impaired bladder or bowel function
-fever or severe headache
-associated abdominal or chest pain
-no improvement in 72 hours
Rest - one or two days at most. Any longer and the risks outweigh the benefits of bedrest. Resume normal activity, but avoid lifting, bending, twisting, etc.
Medicine - Non-steroidal anti-inflammatory drugs (aspirin, ibuprofen, naproxen) help to decrease pain and inflammation. These work best when taken on a regular basis rather than only when pain is severe.
Heat and Ice - use hot or cold compresses for no longer than 15 to 20 minute increments. Hot showers or baths sometimes help.
Support - a back brace or corset may help provide some stability. Like bedrest, this is a short term solution only.
dont let her move
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Why do they put so much acetaminophen in painkillers? Are they trying to kill us?
- Attention Athletic Trainers, cornermen and people alike!?
- Padding under a bandage?
- Medical advice for swallowed toothpick?
- Would i be able to walk if i broke my toe?
- I stay so thirsty, if I go 10 minutes without a drink, I cannot even swallow, any clues why?
- How can I prevent back aches, muscle tightness?
- What do you call the bone below the ankle opposite side of the pinky toe?
- Neck Pain Any suggestions?
- Sick Husband?