Can I donate blood for a specific person to use?
The catch to all this is that I live in Connecticut, my brother lives in Vermont and our father's surgery is going to be in Philadelphia.
Maybe it seems silly to go through the trouble, but I figured if it could be done, it would be better for him to have a relative's blood, rather than a stranger's.
Answers: unless the hospital uses the same blood service as where you donate,it would be dificult for him to get your blood...the only way is for you to go to his hospital in advance and give specifically for him and they would hold it. blood .lasts for 45 days.. so good luck..
I'm sure if you were to contact your father's doctor, there could possibly be a way.
In lots of cases where blood is not needed right away, family members are normally picked to donate blood anyway.
Sure all you have to do is hook up the IV to yourself and then your brother. Then you can run the IV line all the way to Philadelphia. If you hook up to your brother and pump blood at the same time, your dad can get twice the blood and two times as fast!
Yes but there is usually a time frame before surgery it has to be done in. Good luck
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Help with my skin?
- I have a lump, that i can feel on my left side ?
- In what case do your eyes go inside the sockets?
- What are the symptoms of poor circulation in the body?
- How Do I Get Rid Of Acne, Ive Tried Everything!!?
- How can you get rid of a pimple in 24 hours?
- Dmg and periactin for autism?
- Im a prowerlifter and recently have injured my shoulder...or at least that's what some docs think?
- Holter Monitoring?
- How can epidemioloy fit into pandemic preparedness and what would be a good dissertation topic in this area?