Can diverticulosis be reversed? Say, if I really watched my diet and never got constipated . . .?
Answers: Although uncommon in people under age 40, "outpouchings" of the colon, or diverticula, are found in more than half of people over 60. Factors thought to contribute to the formation of diverticula -- a condition referred to as diverticulosis -- include high pressure within the colon, weakening of the colon wall from aging, and lack of dietary fiber. Since diverticula occur after years of chronic damage to the colon wall, they are thought to be irreversible.
The only way to get rid of diverticulosis is to surgically remove the involved area of the colon. However, surgery is recommended just for those patients who have suffered complications, such as bleeding or perforation.
following your Drs orders will help you to get better
but this tames the diverticulosis,doesnt cure it
i honestly dont know about the ballooned out parts
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Does anyone know a way to lower my blood pressure in a week?
- Dry skin type of condition?
- Would you sell your kidney to buy something you've always wanted?
- If you qualified for Make-A-Wish foundation and...?
- Ive heard that gynecomastia goes away on its own is this true?
- Facial skin problems (Nodules)?
- What is an autoantibody check for?
- I suddenly have strange, nerve stimulation in my arms, hands, face and neck. Tingling and slight spasm. Ideas?
- I have scars from my acne and i'm useing Pro-Active but they are still there what should i do?
- I just got a pimple on my chin and I want to get red of it fast . how do I do it quick and easy?