Allergy medication stopped working?
Answers: Oh yes, it happens all the time. You'd have to stop taking the drug for this year and go back to your Zyrtec in 2008. You don't have to wait to try your new medication, it's okay to stop one and start the next the following day.
You might want to take over the counter generic Clairitin, $17 for a bottle of 120 pills at Target. See your doctor for a prescription and samples of Allegra or Singulair if you don't want to try Claritin.
I used Zyrtec last year and have to go with Singulair this year. Next year I'll go back to Zyrtec. My allergist said it's common to have one work for one season and not the next.
You need a new medication. This happens with allergy medicine all the time.
yea it happened to me i started taking claratin
Try salt water
After awhile bodies can adjust to medications, requiring a change in dosage or type. Time to go see the doctor. You may need a boster shot for the severe allergies.
In the meantime try a saline nasal spray twice a day. It really helps.
Take a look at some of the natrual allergy reliefs on this site. There are a couple of good articles.
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- If a dog bites someone who has AIDS and then bites someone else is it possible for the 2nd person to get it?
- Whats the best way (products, diet, etc..) to get rid of nasty black heads? Something that really works!?
- Asthma attack all the time?
- What causes the papillomatosis of the vocal cords in a child?
- Why do I wake up sick?
- What should I avoid so that I will not get pimples in my face?
- I think I'm coming down with a cold...scratchy throat,watery eyes, and stuffed nose...recommend any medicine?
- Too much sex causing UTIs??
- Cervical cancer threat?
- Does anyone get allergic reactions to the sheets in hotels??