Does Pseudoephedrine HCI (for sinus) keep you awake or make you drowsy?
Answers: its more likely to make you drowsy.
I take it in the morning and it can keep me up at night. I do not get a very restful night of sleep on the days that I take it. I do not take it daily though. I take it at most once per week. I have never gotten drowsy from taking it.
The problem is, it works the best for sinuses. I normally take Claratin-D and it is wonderful. Nothing OTC works better for me.
I am a pretty big fellow 6'2" 325 pounds one little pill can make me sleepy. I have hay fever and I buy those pills from the dollar store they will put you to sleep especially if you drink a beer or 2 with one.
Actually Pseudoephedrine HCl is a stimulant and is more likely to keep you awake, it actually is added to some cold medications to make them into the "DAY" formula. This is actually what the D(Decongestant) stands for in Claritin-D just a different salt of pseudoephedrine.
Finding Pseudoephedrine has become more difficult as it is a common ingredient in Meth production and Legislation in both Canada & the Us is moving products behind the counter, causing a lot of companies to reformulate the OTC combination products.
SIDE EFFECTS: Mild stomach upset, trouble sleeping, dizziness, lightheadedness, headache, nervousness, fast heartbeat, loss of appetite, shaking, or unusual sweating may occur. If any of these effects persist or worsen, notify your doctor or pharmacist
Sinus medications that make you drowsy usually will have an antihistimine in them that generally causes drowsiness so if you use a combination product with an antihistimine depending on how sensitive you are, will depend on your reaction.
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Hey what happens when i run out of one part of proactiv skin solution?
- Trouble Sleeping!?
- Does anyone know there was any fairness cream which causes cancer?
- What is the absolute worst spot on your body to have a pimple?
- My mom has cancer of an unknown primary. Why would her hemaglobin and hemacrit levels be dropping?
- My right hand has been tingling and going numb lately this has never happened before. does any one know why?
- What is the prescribed diet for patient with psoriasis?
- Cataract and eye power ?
- Can HIV transmit through saliva, sharing food/drinks?
- Controlling blood sugar?