Is eating certain things bad for you if you have a cough?
Answers: A cough is the body's response to inflammation or irritation in the throat, larynx, bronchial tubes or lungs.Some coughs are dry, while others are considered productive.Here are a few simple home remedies that will help to overcome cough. Have honey in a hot drink before bed time.To relieve fits of coughing due to dryness in the throat, suck a few pepper corns. Check out http://useinfo6.blogspot.com/ for more remedies and information.
I was always told, by my mom, to not drink mild or eat cheese because it will make you mucus thicker.
The only thing that effects a cough is dairy products, it seems to cause more flem which will cause you to cough more.
somtimes i think
i forgot but your not supposed to drink soda and carbonated stuffs i think
If you are coughing your body is doing it for a reason. I think you should stay away from dairy products if you have a cough. You could develop phlegm. I don't think junk food would make it worse,but junk food isn't really good for you anyway.
Mucus causing foods usually are in the DAIRY family. Milk, cheese, ice cream, yogurt, pudding, cream pies, are the most common. The foods that you have listed all seem to contain high amounts of salt & your cough can get worse from salty foods if you don't drink enough liquids to counter their effects. Those foods are also dry & rough on your throat which will also make you cough more. Stay hydrated & drink plenty of liquids, like juice & water. Ice chips work well on your tongue, cough drops, jello, fruit sorbet instead of ice cream if you crave sweets.
Yes there r certain foods that will irritate your throat: nuts, dry cookies, spicy foods, etc.
I was always told to drink warm milk with honey to sooth the throat, I prefer it with sugar.
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Can you be starving even though you're eating??
- What is meant by stone when referring to weight?
- Can i get a six pack and upper muscles just doing push ups?
- I love seafood. Can the mercury in it really hurt me.?
- What food is good for weight loss, any fruits or vegetables?
- I am a good wight but my thighs look huge in the mirror Mental or real?
- Is eating certain things bad for you if you have a cough?
- Is it normal to feel dizzy when lifting weights ?
- Did you ever wake up one day and realize you were chubby?
- Is it better to eat before or after you go for a walk?