Should I put a hot or cold compress on an infected tooth?
Answers: Rinse your mouth out with a solution of 3 oz water and 2 ounces peroxide, and 1/4 tsp salt. Yes, it tastes nasty! Get your butt to the dentist, ASAP!
PS - 2 Aleve, and 2 tylenol xtra will get that pain under control
Cold, but get to a dentist QUICK
If you have an abscessed tooth you should see a dentist, pronto.
Oh, and a cold compress will reduce swelling.
whichever feels best
no you should take an antibiotic to get rid of some of the swelling it might develope into a nasty mess
call the doctor before you do either.
rinse with salt water to help kill infection, for 3 days. And go to the dentist, if it persists.
whichever relieves the pain is what I would use
i would think COLD, but I suggest to go immediately to a dentist. With an infection the whole face can swell up and that will take days to get back to normal.you better go now before its too late
if you know you have an infection, you should know that you can die from it if nothing is done. get to the dentist for Gods sake!
Hot will cause more swelling and more pain. I don't know if cold will help or not, but it certainly won't hurt. Take ibuprofen too; it will help a little.
The health and medicine information post by website user , AnyQA.com not guarantee correctness , is for informational purposes only and is not a substitute for medical advice or treatment for any medical conditions.
More Related Questions and Answers ...
- Tooth Extraction?
- How does Freedent work?
- What's the best manual toothbrush?
- I've just had retainers fitted, how long will it be until I can speak clearly? Will I ever with them in?
- I'm getting braces soon.I wanted to know if most of the time u have to get the spacers,bc i hear they hurt??
- What is the best whitener for teeth?
- Has anyone had any luck with any of the over-the-counter teeth whiteners?
- What can i do for extreme abcessed tooth pain when antibiotics and extra strength vicodin aren't working?
- Do braces hurt getting them on and off?
- Tooth extraction?